Sunday 18 January 2015

One week to launch

Only one week until book launch, and you know what that means?

Time to start work on the next one!

I have proofed myself blind. I have organised as much advertising as my limited budget can allow. I have tried to rally interest (and probably lost some along the way) at every point of contact with people in my life.

I've even displayed two beautiful teddy-bears with Skeletal cover t-shirts on my desk for the last three months. They were what I was busy ordering when I should have been editing the first draft. I should probably post a picture on my website of them so you can see what I got instead of fixing the typo you've just found.

So now there's nothing left to do. There's nothing left to say. There's probably a Kindle update in the future to correct something that I've never noticed before and which I'm not a perfectionist enough to fix on the paperback copy, but I won't be touching anything for a while.

So now I start again. I have an idea. I have two characters. I have a sick imagination. I have a bit of research to do on intentional infliction of distress. And I am about to have some time on my hands now the marketing effort is dying down.

So, 80,000-100,000 words here I come.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment