Friday 13 March 2015

Returning Home

After six weeks plonked up on the lofty heights of the third floor I'm pleased to say that we'll be heading closer back to earth over the weekend.

I'm definitely looking forward to the morning stair climb being a flight shorter. I'm also thinking that it'll be easier to sneak downstairs for a sly coke zero when I can get back to my desk without having to pant like a... like a... well, like a forty year old who's just descended and then climbed two flights of stairs.

Once again everything has been packed into boxes. Once again everything will need to be unpacked on Monday.

As an added treat this time around the rest of the Team Leaders have booked themselves into a course for the day. While they've been whining about missing three days of work (yeah okay, moaning about three days of boredom) I'm complaining about having to pretend to supervise their staff for the day.

Still, a pair of scissors should see me right. To assist with the removal of tape, you understand, not for the stabbiness.

It certainly will be nice to be back on our old floor, with all the new refurbishments. Helping all seventy staff unpack. Except I've just developed a bit of a nagging ache in my back.

We've also got a bunch of new staff starting that I get to greet and show around on Monday, amidst all the chaos. I'm really looking forward to that too. Except I've just developed a nagging headache.

I sure hope I feel well enough on Monday to actually attend. *cough* *cough*

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment