Monday 30 March 2015

Insult to injury

In order to take my mind off the horrendous pain swamp that my throat and chest have become, I spent a nice quarter hour today googling my books.

This is an excellent pastime, and I highly recommend everyone immediately undertakes it. Found, near water and Skeletal BTW.

While happily strolling around the lanes of the internet I came across a curious note that I hadn't seen before. It went something like this:

Want to download Found near water. Does anyone know where I could find it?

Well. I'm quite excited. First of all, someone has heard of my book. Second of all, they're wanting to read it enough to put in a little bit of effort. Not the effort of spending money and all, but some effort.

I don't really mind. I grew up taking books out of the library for exactly nada, so if someone wants to spend the same discovering my work they're welcome. After all, I grew up to be a person who quite happily buys books by her favourite authors as soon as they release them. I can only presume the freeloader of today will be the fan of tomorrow.

My not really minding came to a halt at the next comment however.

Too long and a bit boring.

WTF??? My book??? The short and interesting one???

How rude! I take back everything about not minding the poverty stricken freeloaders, and replace it immediately with hate and lawsuits.

Copyright infringement is one thing, tasteless reviews are quite another.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment