Wednesday 4 February 2015

Starting Over

Well, it's got to that time of the writing cycle again. I've edited, rewritten, re-edited, re-rerewritten, formatted, final edited, printed proofs, final proofread, final rewrote, and then published.

I marketed for a little bit, but not too strongly. Book number two can sink or swim on its own.

I sat back for a fortnight and waited for the first reviews and the first blogs to come in, and then breathed a sigh of relief when they weren't too bad, and gave a yelp of excitement when they were great,.

I rested. I rested for a whole week.

And now I'm up to the final stage. I'm rolling the first blank sheet into the word processor and typing out the first words again.

Two characters. Two backstories. One plot point. And the germs of a story.

85,000 words and I can start this whole thing over.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment