Sunday 21 December 2014

Monday, Monday

Plans for a Monday would usually go something along the lines of, wake up appallingly early and be grumpy all day.

Tomorrow, however, is the most magical of things: a Monday when I'm on holiday. To celebrate I have made plans for the following:

1) Sit on the couch for a while. I've picked out a nice comfy spot. I've even worn down the sheepskin rug on top of the sofa in the shape of my posterior to make it more comfortable. I've managed this feat through long hours spent sitting in it already. Perfect.

2) Stand, sometimes on one leg for an unknown reason, aimlessly staring at various spots inside and outside of the room before sitting back down (I never used to plan for this, but since I end up doing it for serious amounts on time when I'm on holiday I've decided to allow serious amounts of time for it in my day plan)

3) Cooking, perhaps some food, perhaps something that I intend to be food but which holds it's own ideas about what it will be and will end up making the trip straight from the kitchen to the rubbish bin in the garage without crossing anyone's lips (not implying that if it did pass someone's lips it would end up in the rubbish bin in the garage - it would end up somewhere else entirely)

4) Eating, said food or something in a package that I resort to when the food plan Bs me

5) Advancing from A Wolf Amongst Us episode 2 to A Wolf Amongst Us episode 3 or perhaps 4 (5 at a long-shot.) Deconstruct some more fables for me you Big Bad Wolf you

6) Doing the one last thing that I needed to do before I left work on Friday, but completely forgot about and was going to do on Saturday, or Sunday, but didn't because I didn't want to (or I may put that off for another day)

7) Reading the book I'm currently reading, and maybe buying a few more to top up the never-ending reading list on my Kindle, and then thinking about doing something in order to get my own work-in-progress to the stage that it could go on someone else's Kindle, and then not

Around this time I expect that my darling will return from work where he is going and my plans will be finished for the day, but I will not be forlorn because I can repeat it all on Tuesday, or just the bits I still feel like doing.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment