Sunday 19 October 2014

Monday, gosh. I didn't know you'd be here so soon.

Today was Monday.

I reluctantly accepted this after the alarm went, after I fell back asleep confident that it couldn't possibly be so, and after I was rudely shocked back to wakefulness when my darling came back in the room in his weekday pattern.

Damn you weekend. Why do you always abandon me so soon?

I treat you with such love. I plan such exuberant things to share with you. I spend time and effort all week long thinking of how I'm going to fill every minute that we're together, and what do you do?

You sneak away. You slip by. You catapult me forward while you stay behind.

We used to be such good friends. You'd give me a little nudge in the morning, and I'd shake my head and snuggle down for a couple more hours in bed. Then we'd go out and do something great. Something exiting. Something wonderful.

Like shopping. Remember the days when we used to go shopping? Sure, there's still the supermarket but it's just not the same.

And movies. Remember when we used to go to the movies? Remember when I'd stay up late at night so we could get a thrill and a chill long after I'd usually be in bed? Remember?

But those days are long gone. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm the one who's grown complacent. But it doesn't seem that way. Saturday, I'm looking at you. Sunday... Sunday? Won't you even look me in the eye anymore?

I'll make you a firm promise then. I'll meet you here, same time, same place. Four and a half days from now. Don't pike out on me now. Don't you turn your back or pass me by when all I want to do is spend time with you.

Four and a half days weekend. I've got something special planned.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment