Monday 22 June 2015

Spinning

For those of you who are worried that I've abandoned my core principal of only exercising if it's necessary to maintain life, do not be alarmed. I have not taken up a spinning class.

No. I'm so clever that my body has taken up spinning without needing a class to perform it in. It's managed to discover the secret of spinning when lying completely still.

Now it's discovered the secret, I rather wish it would lose it again.

Vertigo, which for some reason is now pronounced VER-TIE-GO maybe to avoid comparisons with certain classic movies, has struck me again.

When meant to be tracking my good GPs fingers my eyes instead keep flickering, and when I'm meant to lying flat on my back instead the room says 'Play with me Mummy' and takes me dancing.

The first time I had vertigo was seven years ago. It was not pleasant, but I was living through it for the first time so I took a week off work and then just got on with it until it went away.

The second time I had vertigo was less than a year ago. It was not pleasant, but at least I could assume it was an illness that would only strike every six years or so. I took a couple of days off work and then got on with it.

The third time is now, and I feel deeply aggrieved that it's arrived so hard on the heels of the last time. Ten months is not long enough. There's a whiff of unfairness about it all.

Granted, living in a first world minority country where I have paid sick leave type of unfairness, but unfairness for all that.

I'm now holding on until I can have my next dose of 'unpronounceable, unremembered, and I can't be bothered to look it up' anti-nausea tablets. Unfortunately, they only last for about four hours so by the time I'm meant to be lying fast asleep in bed I think I'll probably be dancing again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Katherine. My husband has some vertigo. He is on a medicine he now needs to take every night.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete