Tuesday 16 June 2015

Happy endings

I don't know why television stations do it, but everything ended yesterday.

Game of Thrones: finished. Maybe forever. *Spoiler.* Almost everyone is dead.

Veep: finished. And lets hope next series it gets back to its fundamental premise. Like, you know, its name.

Silicon Valley: finished. And thankfully rescued before we needed to drink our own urine.

There are few enough things to look forward to on a Monday without all of my favourite TV shows calling it quits.

I understand that on the side of the world that these shows are created it's now the height of summer and time for everyone to be out playing in their backyards and getting a nice dose of skin cancer, but downunder it's the middle of winter and the sun has set by five o'clock. It doesn't matter how much TV you don't screen, I'm not heading outside to play.

I could always start watching the local version of Come Dine With Me, except according to everyone who's watched it so far I couldn't.

Sigh. Winter Blues. I may have to resort to reading a book. Or, you know, writing one like I'm meant to be doing.

Nah. Only joking.

1 comment:

  1. I think they do this so we all sit and pine in front of our TVs. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete