Tuesday 30 June 2015

Birthday Gifts

As previously mentioned, my darling and I have eschewed gifts this year in favour of retaining money.

So my big day arrived and I thought I would end the day in much the same capitalistic state as I'd begun. No gifts more, no gifts less.

Instead, I've discovered that there is a wealth of gift giving communities out in the world that I usually don't give a second through to. And no, I'm not talking about some sort of hippy-dippy lovey-dovey health and happiness routine, although there were a few of those besides.

EB Games sent me an email telling me I was awesome, and you're never too old for gaming.

Ezibuy sent me a $10.00 off voucher and told me I was a VIP customer.

Bitgold sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday, and gifting me 0.042GAU of gold. That's REAL GOLD. Gold you could hold in your hands, if it wasn't such a small amount and in a virtual account online somewhere.

Vodafone wished me a happy birthday, and gave me 1GB of data to help me celebrate. That would cost me twenty bucks if I wanted to buy it.

An insurance company that I used to be the accounts contact for eight years ago sent me a birthday card. Through the mail. Using a stamp.

There were also birthday shout-outs from people I actually know and are friends and family with. They were more expected though.

I'm thinking of registering different birth dates when I sign up for stuff so I can keep receiving the goodies all year long. Is that wrong?

1 comment:

  1. ♪ ♫ Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday, Dear Katherine ... ♫ ♪ Hope your day is wonderful! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete