Tuesday 2 June 2015

New peeps

Today my little work team of four FTE and five staff expanded massively to six FTE and seven staff. Luckily three of them were away or I would've been completely overwhelmed.

For weeks leading up to this day I've been thinking, gosh won't it be great when the new peeps start because they could do THIS instead of me having to.

Come to the actual day, and all of the THIS disappeared, and left me with not much to show the newbies at all.

All of the grunt work I was swearing under my breath about, gone.

All of the new projects that I was swearing aloud but quietly about, started.

All of the documents that I was swearing at volume about, updated.

Gosh darnit, but I'm efficient and then some.

It's left me trawling back through my to-do lists for the past couple of months, where all the items that I really wanted to be getting on with but couldn't because I was only one woman damnit, have been storing up their workload of goodness.

Once I have that compiled then I just have to deal with the next problem.

In order to teach someone how to do something it's necessary to show them how to do something which requires the same amount of time, if not more, than doing the something required in the first place. Then there's the preparation of the training materials for things I didn't need training materials for previously because I was the only one interested in doing them.

If I didn't have time before when I only had five staff to look after, how am I meant to do it with seven?

Oh the pressure.

Luckily there's only two and a half months to go and then I'll be winging my way overseas on a holiday to recuperate. Phew. I feel like I've earned it already.

Bring on day two.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment