Saturday 8 November 2014

The relative merits of bludgeoning

Tonight on Olive Kitteridge there was reference made to how Chris may be a complicated boy but at least he's never bludgeoned his girlfriend to death. No, it's no use explaining, you should watch it if you're not already.

Anyway that got my darling and I onto the subject of how nice it was that neither of us had ever bludgeoned each other to death.

I explained that even if I felt the need to, my arm is particularly sore this weekend so I wouldn't have the strength. My darling said he had the strength to do it, but only 'cause it's easier to bludgeon girls.

I hastened to point out that we would have to be talking about a little girl - like five or six - and who wants to be the town pariah?

It all petered out a bit after that. I considered that maybe I could try with my left arm - not much aim but far more strength - and my darling just seemed to stop thinking altogether.

If they do find my battered body anytime in the next week do me a favour and pass this onto police.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment