Thursday 9 October 2014

Aliens and sweat

Today my copy of Alien: Isolation arrived. Lovely, dovely. There wasn't quite the perfect set-up as there would've been if it had arrived - oh I don't know - yesterday maybe. But I still managed to get a nice dose of ten minutes play-time. Well, not play-time because the vast majority of that was intro and cut-scene, but a good two minutes of play-time.

I haven't actually found an alien yet. In fact the only activities I've performed so far are to get dressed and then have a shower. Yes you read that right. I don't understand why I didn't realise the button in the closet operated a shower-head either. For some reason it looked more like a door.

There's a lovely old-style vibe to the game. It's like playing on the Spectrum again, except the graphics are interactive and don't take four minutes to load per page. You have to plug your hard-disk into an emergency wall slot in order to save. I'm not sure how well that's going to play when I have alien(s) hunting me down, but I don't have much choice.

There's just one thing I'm a bit confused about.

Obviously I haven't played through very much of the game yet, so it may be explained at some point down the track and if so I apologise Sega, but WHAT'S UP WITH THE SWEATING?

Yeah, okay. It may be HOT in space. What do I know? I've never been (although there's a boarding pass with my name on it going out on Orion courtesy of NASA - thanks guys) and perhaps sweating is the norm.

And that's all good. I don't mind sweat. I even partake myself if the weather complies. But I wipe it off my forehead if it gets thick enough to form a drop and roll down my face. I don't just let it pool on the surface of my skin without brushing an arm across so that it doesn't start to drip off me.

You may be out in space people, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't exercise normal human standards.

Otherwise - all good. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment